Aug 30, 2010

It's fall!

As I looked outside at 8 o'clock tonight and realized how early it is getting dark, I became sad.  Where did summer go?  But, I started to think about all there is to look forward to and felt happy again! So excited to feel the crisp autumn air, hear the sound of rustling leaves, taste delicious pumpkin spice lattes, and watch exciting husky football! Fall is almost here!!!

It was a great summer, with many exciting happenings! First of all, Michael and I learned that we are going to become a family of 3, in March!! We are so excited...with the occasional thoughts of 'what were we thinking', and 'we are only kids ourselves', and 'how will we ever be ready', and 'babies are so expensive', and 'there isn't going to be time for spontaneous adventures anymore' and 'I don't know how to be a good Dad/Mom'....but for the most part pure excitement!! I have been pretty fortunate so far this pregnancy, not too much sickness. I am 13 weeks and 5 days- only 5 more weeks until we can find out what we are having!!!! Yahoo!

Another exciting event this summer was our friends having a baby boy...Cameron was born! I was fortunate enough to be asked to be their doula, and so I got to experience it all first hand and felt so lucky to be part of such a beautiful, awesome event! I know I will never be the same after such an amazing event. I have a lot to live up to for my own delivery experience. :)  Cameron, is so sweet and growing like a weed.  One beautiful, sweet, baby boy!

Michael is gearing up to start taking classes towards his Mechanical Engineering degree, again this fall. He got officially all registered and set to go today, and seems to be pretty excited about it.

I am enjoying my days, taking care of several kids and starting a new nanny job on Sept 1st, that I am super excited about!

All for now, going to go enjoy a hot cup of tea and an early night in bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment