Jul 11, 2012

Rant.

What is with all of these ungrateful people???  I can't stand it!  When somebody does something nice for you - as simple as holding a door open for you or big like buying you a house or car, etc. why can't you be thankful? 

People who manipulate and try to control situations that don't involve them or don't need them to be in the center of-- drive me nuts!!  Just because you may be used to being the center of attention doesn't mean that that is where you belong, or where you should be- step back, this is not your spot light moment *shock* *gasp*!

Recently there has been a rash of this ugly unthankfulness.  It makes me have a lesser respect for people.  People do things to be nice, to be helpful, to be useful and yet all they get in return is a slap across the face with words like "I don't like it" "why is it that way" "I want it my way", etc, etc (far too many examples to list).  It hurts when people do something kind for you and somebody walks in on the party and ruins it- ugly, no sentimental value, not what I want, etc.  You know what I say, fine- do it your way but don't expect me to come running next time there is a need.

I know that this has just made me want to be all the more thankful.  Thankful for the person in front of me in the drive-thru at Starbucks that pays for my coffee, the person who holds the door for me at the grocery store, the person who helps pick up dishes after dinner, the person who gives me a gift, the person who shows me kindness, the person who shows me love, the person that shows thankfulness, the people who do all things small and big for me.  THANK YOU!

I know that I will probably get in some hot water for this post, and that's okay.  I want you to know that I appreciate and love all of you, and especially those of you who are appreciative.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm so with you on this one...We ALL have something to be thankful for and it really bothers me when people don't find it in them to be grateful for what they have or what's been given to them or just say "thanks" for a kindness...even with my own kids, when they don't write a note of thanks or say thank-you or send a text or e-mail or something, it really bothers me, because I feel like it is a reflection on ME, but really, there comes a point when we're all accountable for ourselves :)...but I so agree with your "rant"!!!

    ReplyDelete