Jul 29, 2012

The napping house.

All is quiet and peaceful on this front at the moment, since the whole house is napping so it seems like an appropriate time for a post.
Doing well.  Hannah has new words everyday (with today's word being "John Deere"), and continues to amaze us and make us smile.  Dylan seems to be doing well.  Seems to be a strong little guy...growing, kicking, and hiccuping constantly.

We had a bummer this week.  Tuesday night on the way home from work, I got a call from Michael saying his car had stalled and that he was stuck...one car down, one to go.  While trying to troubleshoot and figure out what was wrong, hoping for some help from my Dad, I managed to look away and slam into the back of my brother's vehicle.  Yikes!  Two vehicles down, zero to go.  Considering the circumstances and that none of us wished to be in a crash, I am very thankful if it was going to happen, that it happened the way that it did.  Joel, is one of the guys we work with and he luckily saw the whole thing happen and was able to help.  Mom, luckily had not left work yet so she was able to come pick us up.  Nobody was seriously injured.  Both cars have potential to be totaled but we have not heard from the insurance company yet.  It was a big bad bummer.  But no one was hurt, so we pick up the mess and life goes on.

My midwife was a little concerned that we did not call 911 because usually they would have sent me to the ER and I would've been hooked up to an EFM (external fetal monitor) for a few hours but we didn't.  And she (my midwife) didn't know about it until the following day.  So, I just paid close attention to his movement, contracting, and a few others signs and things seemed fine, so we are carrying on as usual.

There are situations and experiences that just make me so much more thankful for everything - health, family, friends.  It was amazing the out pouring of love from family and friends.  My parents and siblings could not have been a bigger help- picking us up, lending us a vehicle, emotional support, feeding us, helping us in every way possible and still loving us through it all.  And let me tell you, we have some awesome friends- letting us vent and be emotional, sending us a special gift, telling us how much they love us, offering help...the list goes on.  Thank you!  We love and appreciate you all!
The last two weeks have been filled with busy-ness.  We finished Dylan's room, got Hannah's room changed, and got her into a big girl bed (which she loves).  I got to be the lucky one to pick my cousin up from the airport and spend a whole day with her.  It was filled with good talks, shopping, lots of coffee, and good memories.  I feel so fortunate to have somebody that is a cousin and also an amazing friend!  Company was followed by a baby shower for one of my besties, Amber and she was glowing!  She's so cute- this round little basketball straight out in front...I swear I have never seen such a cute pregnant person in my whole life!  They are looking forward to welcoming a sweet little boy, Devon into their family in the next few weeks, and so we had a lot of fun showering them with love.  The following week, started with a baby doctor appointment that went well and showed a sweet, happy little Dylan just growing, growing.  Then the accident happened and from there the rest of the week was a bit of a whirl wind.  Saturday we got to shower my sweet friend Julia and her baby girl (Baby B- as Hannah and I like to call her).  There were lots of good times with good friends!  They are due just two and a half weeks before us, so we are very happy that these little munchkins are going to have friends close by that are very close in age.  Saturday evening company came to our house and we got to spend time at the park with a bunch more of our friends- playing frisbee and chatting.  Brenda T. and Cara are still here and probably actually enjoying some rest since Hannah decided to sleep- so all is quiet.  We will enjoy our day tomorrow with Brenda and Cara and hope for a less "eventful" week, this week.  

Super looking to convention in a few weeks.  It is something that I desperately need, right now.
 
Enough rambling- hope you are all having a happy Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, sweet pix of Hannah sleeping...and a little peek into Dylan and Hannah's bedroom's :) So now I've seen a little bit of the inside of your house. I like your colors for both rooms.

    ReplyDelete